3 medium unpeeled organic carrots (1 1/2 cups worth)
3 cups unsweetened fine shred organic coconut (Let’s Do Organic)
1/3 cup unsulfered, apple juice sweetened dried cranberries
1 cup coconut flour blend (Mama’s Coconut Blend)
1 cup raw coconut nectar (Coconut Secret)
1/2 cup organic coconut oil (I use Mercola, but Tropical Traditions is good too)
1/2 cup organic butter substitute or pastured butter (Earth Balance, soy free)
Oven pre-heated to 350 deg.
Makes approximately 15 macaroons
1. Very finely mince or shred carrots (I use my Vitamix to mince them)
2. Add shredded coconut, mix well
3. Add flour & cranberries, mix well
4. Melt coconut oil & butter substitute on very low heat (I heat the pan, remove it from burner, put in oils and let them melt), and pour into dry mixture, along with coconut nectar.
Mix very well
5. Shape macaroons. I used a handheld lemon juicer, as it was the only thing I had that made them the right size and shape, but anything that makes a golf ball sized mound works.
6. Place on an un-greased, no-stick cookie sheet, about 1 1/2″ apart. Bake for 15-18min, until golden. Watch them closely, as they burn quickly.
7. Cool completely on pan. Enjoy!!
I don’t mind a bit of wind now and then. I love rain, and the greenness that follows.
I don’t mind foggy days, or even the cold in moderation.
But 4 days inside because of a mix of the above mentioned conditions, without a hint of sunshine has caused me to become a bit of an “Eeyore” if you will. But “at least we haven’t had an earthquake”, right?
“It’s snowing still,” said Eeyore gloomily.
“So it is.”
“Yes,” said Eeyore. “However,” he said, brightening up a little, “we haven’t had an earthquake lately.” ~ Winnie the Pooh
The Snowdrops appeared first, right before our week of really warm weather.
I’m not sure what the other white and purple flowers are, but the purple ones
keep popping up in new places!!
The lilac leaves have also started opening, and I can’t wait for them to bloom – we have lilac bushes everywhere in the yard.
…at least, I hope I have.
My goal is to share a new post every week. We’ll see how that goes.
In the meantime, a few pictures from the months (how time does fly!!) I was away.